Some Sunday’s are my rest days from workouts. I never take a rest day from prepping and planning.
When I decided to live a healthier life, I didn’t realize how much work the food part would be. It’s not that it is hard, but it takes work to get used to it and to do it right. The result of all of this? A week of healthy meals and snacks that make you feel good, get you closer to your goals, and saves you money.
When you sit down and look at your week ahead, plan your meals, and then shop for it all, it takes the guess work out of lunches and dinners. It is important because you could be rocking those workouts, but your food choices could make it so you don’t see results. This has become easier and easier for me as I have done it week after week. You need to make a healthy lifestyle in order to really make an impact. This isn’t a diet for a month or two, its a lifestyle change that takes time. I find that if I don’t prep on Sunday, my whole week is off!
Here are some things I do on Sunday to help me get ready for the week:
- Cut and freeze bananas for my smoothies
- Prep lunches for the week – this week is Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Roast veggies to have with my lunches
- Get my snacks ready (apples for my morning snack, clementines for my snack during my commute home)
- Plan my dinners & workouts – I am using a Happy Planner. A row for my work events, personal events, & my fitness journey.
I adapted some recipes I saw for Chicken Enchilada Soup to add more vegetables. I have found myself struggling to get enough veggies in. Hope you enjoy! If you are using a crock pot, cook on high for 5 hours 🙂
Here’s to being happy & fit,