I try to mix things up when I go grocery shopping, but the truth is that I am a creature of habit. I don’t mind eating the same thing for lunch everyday during the week. I don’t mind eating the same snacks.
Here are my 5 go to snacks to help me focus and achieve my goals:
- Baby Carrots – Ever since I was young, I remember loving carrots. These are easy to put into a bag or Tupperware and take on the go. They are also a snack that requires no prep time, take out a bowl, dump, and enjoy! Carrots also satisfy that need for a crunch instead of reaching for chips.
- Strawberries – Craving something sweet? Strawberries hit the spot for me. When I was a kid I remember pouring sugar on strawberries, and my mom constantly reminding us that they are naturally sweet. I get that now! Strawberries are easy to take on the go as well.
- Apple Pie Lara Bars – Oh my, these bars are so delicious! No childhood story about this snack! I recently discovered Lara Bars on my quest to find foods without an ingredients list a half mile long. Lara Bars are made with about 6 ingredients or less…and bonus, it’s all stuff you can recognize and pronounce! My favorite, Apple Pie, is made of dates, walnuts, apples, raisins, almonds, and cinnamon.
- Lightly Salted Almonds – I know that too much salt is bad, but man there is something about just a tough of salt on some almonds. Yum! Nuts are healthy fats, like avocado, but that means moderation. I normally pack about 10-15 almonds with me when I am on the go. If you were to look in my purse I will always have almonds and most likely a Lara Bar too.
- Honey Crisp Apples & Peanut Butter – Okay, you can eat any type of apples, I just happen to love Honey Crisp! When they go out of season and disappear from the store, I will of course eat other varieties! I am a HUGE fan of peanut butter, again a healthy fat, so this means moderation. There is something about the classic combo of apples and peanut butter. You can easily swap the peanut butter for another nut butter or sunflower seed butter to accommodate any dietary restrictions.
Stocking up on healthy snack options is a great place to start! It is easy to get that snack attack when you are bored or stressed. Try to add some healthy snacks to the mix to help you achieve your goals!
What are your favorite go to snacks?